12 Ways to a Better Night Sleep
Happy Monday you MAGNIFICENT, Wonderful being, you!
You are just absolutely incredible and I just want to thank you for being so <3
I know it can be exhausting to be so awesome (it takes a LOT of energy!) so I want to make sure you’re well equipped with 12 top tips on staying well-rested so you can keep being amazing.
- Keep your devices away from your bed. If you want to know why, Google the science experiment a couple of high school girls did. You’ll never, ever have so much as your phone in bed again.
- Avoid blue light at night as it inhibits melatonin production.
- Use a red plant light at night (or even a couple of hours before bed) to promote melatonin production.
- Drink a glass of water before bed. You lose about a liter of water while you sleep (that’s a LOT!). It’s also a great idea to keep a glass of water by your bed to rehydrate immediately upon waking.
- Take a cool shower. I know we think warm and cozy will make us sleepy, BUT, it’s actually the opposite when it comes to energy! A warm shower will energize your body while a cool one will have you ready to hit the sheets.
- Drink some herbal tea. Chamomile, lavender, valerian, and lemon balm are all excellent choices for a sleep-promoting cuppa <3
- Meditation calms the mind and can draw our attention inwards, quieting outside distraction and allowing us to drift peacefully and blissfully off to sleep.
- Yoga similarly, can ease tension, anxiety, and stress in the body, mind, and soul. A nice slow yoga flow can get you ready for some deep rest.
- Exercise regularly. Doing so will reduce cortisol (the stress hormone), release endorphins (the happy chemicals in your brain), and promote restful sleep.
- Essential oils can have an incredible effect on the body. Using certain oils can act as aromatherapy and send us drifting effortlessly off to dreamland. You can read more about my top favs here. A blend of lavender, tea tree, and eucalyptus would be an excellent option for boosting your immune system as well as promoting deep sleep.
- Plan for tomorrow. Often, what keeps our minds busy at night is contemplating the long list of things we have to do. Take five minutes to plan out your day so you can rest easy knowing exactly what you’re going to get up and do rather than spending your precious time letting it all rattle around in your brain while you’re trying to catch some zzzs.
- Wearable Biotech is literally my favorite option for quality rest. I used to need nine hours of sleep to be fully optimal, struggled to get anywhere on time, and still needed an alarm clock and about 6 snoozes to hit this mark. NOW, I need about seven hours (sometimes less O.o) and I wake up ENERGIZED with absolutely no alarm clocks and I’m always up with or before the sun.
Unsurprisingly, but still, excitingly, I get this feedback from other biotech users often =D You can check out the options here.
I’d love to know what tips you try and what is working best for you! Wishing you beautiful dreams and incredible rest so you can wake ready to take inspired action!
Stay awesome, stunner.
PS- If you know someone who is struggling to get quality rest, be a dear and share these tips with them! You never know what magic they could be creating if they just had a decent night’s sleep ;)
PSS- Don't forget, it's not too late to join the HAPPINESS Challenge! We are spreading the love and joy all November long and prizes are (naturally) involved! Find me on social media or send me an email to learn how you can get involved =D